What is your deepest fear?

Friday, October 27, 2006

Tis' the season to be jolly... hmmm...

It is that time of the year again... The past Monday and Tuesday were lousy days for me. why? I found that I was sleepy almost all day and could not really concentrate. The first day I did not think about it because we always have some days when we are "not here". It was on the second day that I started to get worried. I started to think about what I had been eating and what activities I had been involved in the day before. I had a basketball game Monday night, I slept a full 8 hours and woke up to start with work only to feel like I had not slept at all after only 30minutes study.

Then it hit me! I had been just like this last year when I was new here... only that by then I had a lot more stress from work and adjusting that I did not even think it could have been brought about by weather change. The winter is (almost) here again. Average temperatures have been below 17 degrees Celcius for the past two weeks or so. For me, this means that my window/shutters are closed most of the time. It is not so much about the cold but I cannot bear to look out at a depressing grey sky all day, everyday for more than two weeks (more like 4 days!). At least last year I used to bother checking what the weather was like when I woke up, this year I find that sometimes I even missed some little sunlight because I did not bother opening the shutters till 14h00 in the afternoon.

It also explains the picture! Looks like gum? That is a shot (read photograph) of my vitamins... Sounds strange to my ears but when you do not see sun for a "long" time, you start to need other sources of that vitamin. (They should pay me for the marketing) With the coming of this season I am susceptible to all kinds of issues from lack of nutrients in the body resulting in weakness, fatigue and depression. I already started to notice that I am a bit snappy now. Today I got a call from George about a neighbour of his who wanted to have his computer repaired and I found my temperature rising. I was in the middle of a relaxing evening and it was interrupted. The point is that I can already feel the nerve ends are going to get rubbed the wrong way pretty easily. I think it is time to complete with this and get back to the sun at the equator!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home