What is your deepest fear?

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Outside my window.... in my room!

Looking outside my window lately reminds me of the gray day that I landed at Amsterdam Schiphol airport a year ago (1st September 2005 to be exact). It is a rarity in the Netherlands to have sunshine at this time of the year. When it does happen it is surprising how it raises the spirits.
















However, since I came I have also developed some of the survival tricks of people in these climates that make me think this christmas shall not be as cold as the last one. I decided to warm up my room a bit! Luckily there is a troop of people who are helping me to do that. It was my birthday last Thursday (5th October) and I got a set of lights as a present from Hui. It was funny how happy I was to get this silly present. Perhaps because I had been mentioning that I would get a set and it turned out that somebody was actually listening to my endless rant.

















Any case now when I do not want to open the window shutters (which is almost every other day) then I can turn on lights in my room and it shall look a lot warmer. Check out the picture. Notice as well that I managed to put together my own piece of artwork next to the lights. Talk about creativity!


3 Comments:

At Wed Oct 11, 04:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is nice!

 
At Sun Oct 22, 03:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep , the procession is truely there. To see the plain container turning into a cosy little nest to rest. good to see :) H

 
At Mon Jan 22, 02:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those candles! i'ma dye me some!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home